Are you suffering from low back pain, there may be good reasons for consulting your family doctor, before seeking treatment. Read here for more information.
A MATTER OF SAFETY
Most types of low back pain, sciatic leg pain and herniated discs, can be treated effectively with a combination of exercise, pain medication and advice about adapting your daily activities, until pain has gone away.
However, there are specific situations where you should consult your doctor, before commencing physical therapy, exercises and other treatments.
We recommend you to consult your doctor if:
- You are suffering from leg pain below the knee, and a sensation of muscles weakness in the leg.
- Your back pain was caused by a severe accident.
- You have osteoporosis, and your back pain was caused by a fall, or heavy lifting.
- In conjunction to leg pain, your skin sensation in the pelvic floor, genitals or around your anus, is dimished.
- In conjunction to leg pain, you are unable to empty your bladder, when going to the toilet.
- In conjunction to leg pain, you are unable to control your bowel (faeces, gas).
- You have og have had cancer previously.
- You have lost 5-10% of your body weight, unintentionally, over the last 3-6 months.
- You are suffering from nausea, dizziness, sweating or loss of appetite.
MOST BACK PAIN CAN BE TREATED BY PROPER EXERCISE
Are you suffering from low back pain, sciatic leg pain, or pain from a herniated disc?